Monday, June 18, 2012

3.

 
This weekend was Addy's 3rd birthday party and she had a great time!  Her actual birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I have time to sit down now so I thought I better get on this blog writing while I can.  We had all of her little friends come up to the house and had lots of water play...kiddie pool, slides, slip and slides, water hop scotch...so much fun.  I don't consider myself very crafty or creative, but when her birthday rolled around this year, I got excited to add some special things to her day.  (Thank you, Pinterest.)  I made her a rainbow cake with hot pink and purple icing, because thats what 3 year olds like apparently and used a pizza slicer to cut it...talk about easy.  I pre scooped the ice cream into cupcake liners prior to the party which made that so much easier.  I bought small mason jars as their "cups", took the lid off and replaced it with a cupcake liner, then stuck a straw in it...super cute.  I impressed many a mom with that one.  Lol.  I made some flavored waters with fresh fruit...yummy trail mix...I had fun with it all.  And you would have thought I would have taken some pictures of all the cuteness, right?  Nope.


Miss Addy was in heaven opening up her presents.  Everyone really was very thoughtful and contributed to her feeling ever so special all day long.  Her BIG gift was the Jeep Rubicon Power Wheel...now she drives a car like Mommy!  She has been driving it around the house non stop since her party.  And because she has the best Daddy around, he customized it with her name.  Sweet, huh?  

We rolled right out of her birthday party into Father's Day.  Lucky for me, Dusty was just as tired from it all as I was and wanted to do nothing but lay low all day long.  He got to sleep in, take a nap, watch the race (awesome job, Jr!), eat some brats, and drink some beer.  He was a happy man.  Addy and I are pretty lucky to have him as ours.  He is one amazing husband and an even better daddy.  So much so that he was behind me 100% being away all summer with our daughter...that is how unselfish he is and that is how much he loves his family.     

Addy is finishing her last day at preschool today before we leave for Texas.  I'll be bringing birthday treats to her and her little class later so she can feel the birthday love from her school friends.  I thought about sending her to school on her actual birthday as her last day and let her bask in all the birthday fun, but this mommy wants her all to myself on her big day.  Still not sure what she and I will do...thought about taking her to see a movie, going to have pizza with her daddy on his lunch break, or play with some of her Springville friends, Bella and Annie, one last time before going home.  We just might do it all!  

She will be three tomorrow and I'm suddenly feeling all sappy about it.  This girl has rocked our world in the most phenomenal way.  I am so proud to watch her become the person she is.  
She is fearless.  
She is confident.  
She is brilliant.  
She is beautiful.  
She is strong.  
She is tough.  
She is a princess.  
She is a country girl.  
She is creative. 
She is artistic. 
She is loud. 
She is funny.

She is all heart
...and my heart too.  

Memory Lane...

Birth.

1.

2.

No comments: