Saturday, August 28, 2010
november 6 is our garage sale-please mark this on your calendars! if you have things to donate to the sale, that would be helpful. if you want to get your shop on, please come see us at First United Methodist Church in Richardson.
without these fundraisers, HEROES wouldn't be able to carry on. pass the word and come see us!!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
1. make some extra dough!--i did! i worked 3 weeks of my summer at heroes camp. i was terribly worried that i was making a huge mistake to give up part of my summer with my girl. i couldn't have been more wrong! while i did miss her, she had a blast at school with her friends and i had an amazing time at camp.
2. throw a fabulous birthday party for my baby!-- i think so! :) i was pretty proud of myself for even attempting the giant cupcake cake, and i know it will only get better each time. addy had a blast, got tons of presents, ate tons of cake, and was surrounded by people who love her!
3. continue my running program --not so much. it got really hot, and i was not feeling it. however, towards the end of the summer i joined weight watchers and did some shredding compliments of jillian michaels. as of friday, i have lost 8 lbs! :)
4. read-- i did and i am. i am about 30 pages away from finishing eat, pray, love. i am enjoying it so much, i think i may read it again as soon as i finish. yes, i know, 2 months to read one book is a little slow...but i'm a busy girl. ;)
5. hang out on our new deck as much as possible!-- not really. it got too dang hot! looking forward to autumn nites though...
6. do a better job of keeping my house clean --not really. what did happen though was the conversion of our spare bedroom into addy's playroom. pics to come-dusty is working on some mad creations for the walls. :)
7. cook --i did do more...once i got going on weight watchers, i did much better. :)
8. go through our closets.-- nope. :(
9. date nites.-- nope. :( really bummed about this one. just always got too busy. we have plenty of "date nites" right here in our living room on our couch. love my hubby!
10. PENSACOLA BEACH!!-- yes indeedy!!! we had a blast! addy absolutely loved it!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
kelley came over early this morning to get a hang of addy's schedule since she will be watching her one day next week. addy was quite entertaining. :)(our daycare is closed--ms. rachael is on vacay!) for lunch we picked up an old friend, mr. bg :) and cody and headed to cici's. not real weight watcher friendly, however, bg is a huge fan!
cici's has an interesting sign above the playroom... such a random grouping of beautiful people...don't they look like the "all-american" family? ;)
after cici's we headed to a spray park in the dallas area that happened to be closed for cleaning. boo. however, it was a great opportunity for a photo op of "jeff lewis and chloe". ;)
we then headed to the one in lake highlands. we were horribly unprepared...no swimsuits...no towel...no sun hat. BUT we are flexible! i had all we needed: a clean diaper and a dry t-shirt for post water fun!
post swimming fun: it was so hot, we had the AC on full blast...her hair was all about it. :)
10 minutes later...
we had the best time today. i am terribly sad to leave this little person come monday and go back to our "real" schedule. this summer was amazing--best i have ever had thanks to this little girl. goodbye summer...until next year. :)
day before i go back to work this year...my almost 14 month old baby. i'm not as terrified about the transition back to work this go around (thankfully), however, i am super sad to be ending this most wonderful summer with my girl. she is the coolest chick around and we have had so much fun together! love, love, love her. :)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
"The mission of HEROES is to create social,
recreational and vocational programs
designed to meet the unique needs of
individuals with disabilities."