Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy anniversary to my parents!!!

Today is my parents' 35th wedding anniversary! Wow. 35 years. Its hard to wrap your brain around it. Together for 35 years!!
Aren't they cute?!
My parents are a living example of a happy, good, solid, and loving marriage. In a world where half of marriages end in divorce, they prove that love and commitment prevails. They know they are in it until the end. After all, that's what the vows say.."til death do us part." Marriage is hard work. You hear it said all the time, but until you're in it yourself, you don't quite know what that means. Two people have to be committed to the other no matter what. I don't understand why people forget that the vows say "for better" and "for worse".
In our first 10 months of marriage, Dusty and I are learning all about that hard work. Like I said in my earlier blogs, we have already been through some things that people married 10 yrs haven't experienced. Don't get me wrong, I know we are blessed and things could always be harder. But, it hasn't been an easy first year of marriage by any means. We have gotten through these things because we are committed to each other--for better, for worse. We know we will be together the rest of our lives. I am so lucky to have found someone who values marriage the same as I do--a man that tells me "we are a team, you and me, for eternity." (Love my husband!) Marriage is forever. I can't wait for us to hit our 35th anniversary! Our life together truly gets better every single day!
Happy 35th anniversary to my incredibly awesome parents!!

No comments: