Monday, March 16, 2009

Here comes the nursery!

Yesterday we made what has become our weekly trip to Home Depot to buy the paint for baby girl's room. We ended up going with one of their Disney colors called Pooh's Favorite Things. Super cute paint. Its a light blue with a hint of teal going on--goes with her bedding perfectly. I have been stumped for weeks now as to what color I was going to end up going with, and up until Home Depot yesterday, Dusty and I couldn't agree completely on any of them!
So we got our paint and came home to begin the painting. I am normally the one who LOVES to paint..I like doing all the little details, the trim, the crown molding, baseboards, and doors. For some reason or another, call it this big belly I'm carrying, I just couldn't manage to be much help. So all the hard work was done by my wonderful Dusty! He is actually finishing up the last coat as we speak, but we aren't done yet. (For those of you who don't know, my husband is a very talented artist. He has done a lot of little things on the side for friends and family.) The plan is to paint harlequin diamonds on one of the walls in white. Should be very cool. Here are some pictures of the progress made so far:






after only one coat







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the colors are great. Hollie loves the bedding. The room looks great. And what a great pic of Dusty painting. Love you guys!

Ryan

Jodi said...

I LOVE the color! Can't wait to see pictures her room when you're all done!