Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kitchen Remodeling!

To make a long story short, about a month ago we had to buy a new dishwasher.

Its awesome and pretty and new! Problem is, I've never gotten to use it. When we pulled the old broken one out, we discovered an even bigger problem. Mold. Yuck. (There are no pics of that part--slightly gross and embarrassing!) Upon further investigation we discovered that there was a tiny slow dripping leak under our sink...literally drip, drip, drip....who knows how long it had been leaking. What was discovered was B-A-D. Mold under the sink, the board between the dishwasher and sink was buckled from water and covered in mold..the mold had gotten so bad that it was now in the sheetrock. Ugh.

So we made our call to State Farm to file our first claim as homeowners. Times like these makes renting sound appealing. ;) We had an adjustor come out and wrote an estimate. We got the nice BIG check last week and the remodel has begun! I won't say how much they gave us, but its enough to fix the problem, paint the cabinets, change hardware, new countertops and backsplash, and new flooring! Yippee!! Could I be anymore excited!! I love our house, but the kitchen left a lot to be desired. I don't care who you are, salmon colored counters with matching backsplash is never pretty. Dusty is doing all the construction himself--I'm married to the king of all handymen! Here are a few pics of what has begun. So far, he has been able to fix the mold and all that came with that!


Could we have timed this any more perfectly with the baby on the way! On that note, we are in need of prayer and good thoughts. The last two appts I have had, my dr said my uterus was measuring too large. And like the freak I am, I googled it. I didn't like part of what I saw. It could be a slew of things from the baby just being big, my body carrying her funny, having too large of a placenta, all the way to it being because of "fetal abnormalities". Scary. I'm almost certain everything is fine. She has been a bigger than average baby from the beginning, we have had 3 or 4 sonograms and everything looked perfect, plus all the tests they have run have come back normal. I'm just crazy right? We go Tuesday for another sonogram to make sure everything is fine. Please pray that I can stay sane the next few days leading up to the appt. Thanks bunches!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

i can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen...how fun!

i've gotten myself all worked up about things because i googled too. but your tests all came back normal, your sonograms were perfect, and your doctor's not worried, so you don't need to be either. everything will be fine, and little addy will be here before you know it! i'm thinking good thoughts for the dominie's!!