Friday, June 26, 2009

Adelynn is a week old!

Can you believe it?! I can't... A week ago today, I was in some of the most excruciating pain of my life. Twelve hours of labor and two hours of hard pushing. I had no idea what labor could feel like! However, I have already forgotten just how much it hurt. This little girl has turned our world upside down in the most wonderful way!
We have already had our first pediatrician appointment where we got to meet with the lactation nurse. (For those of you who breastfeed or are planning on it, make sure you get to meet one! They are a LIFESAVER!) She checked out beautifully and we absolutely love the doctor.
She has already changed so much from how she looked a week ago. She just gets prettier by the second, and I'm not biased in the least. ;) At this point all she is really doing is a regular schedule of eat, sleep, poop. :) She gives a smirk every now and then and does a lot of staring. I have to say I'm guilty of the staring myself, I can't seem to take my eyes off of her! Neither can her Daddy. Dusty is one smitten man. Who knew this big tough man could be so lovey dovey!
Dusty had to go back to work yesterday. Boo hoo. :( We were both a little sad when he left--wish the family time could have continued a little bit longer. I think he called home about 5 or 6 times yesterday suffering from Adelynn withdrawls! I don't know how I'll go back to work when the time comes that I have to. I literally miss seeing her face when I walk away from her. But, I have until the end of September, so I'm going to soak it all up and try not to think about all that!
I LOVE being a Mommy, just like I thought I would! Here are a few pictures we have taken throughout the week.






look at that sweet face!




one big happy family...Duke thinks he is Addy's size!

my cousin, Ryan, and Addy








No comments: