Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Frohe Weihnachten

I can't believe this Christmas has already come and gone.  What a difference a year makes!  Addy sure did enjoy herself and pretty much made out like a bandit!  My wonderful mother in law, Toni, came and stayed with us again this year.  (She got to sleep in Dr. Suess land! AKA Addy's playroom!)  We had a wonderful time with her and the rest of the family!


Our celebration began Christmas Eve with my parents coming over and Dusty and his mom cooking a feast for us...including a deep fried turkey made by none other than my hubby!
Addy got quite a bit of practice opening presents Christmas Eve!
Once Addy hit the sack, Santa came by!  Dusty spent a good portion of the evening putting together the kitchen and the 4 wheeler.  I have to say, I had SO much fun getting everything laid out under the tree 'from Santa'!  I wrote a 'letter from Santa' like my parents used to do for us as well.  I was so excited to see her face the next morning and watch her excitement...truly was the BEST present this year!
We headed up to Muenster once presents were opened.  Addy is lucky to have Great Grandparents on my mom and dad's sides of the family present in her life.  We had lunch at the Reinart household, my mom's side of the family.  It's always a little bittersweet for me to 'celebrate' a holiday without Uncle Calvin around to be with us.  This was the third Christmas without him, and it still doesn't feel quite right to me.  Anywho, we had a great time--one that Calvin would have been proud of. :)
After lunch and more presents, we headed out to my Aunt Patty's farm for the Felderhoff celebration.  This celebration is quite a different pace than the Reinart one--maybe its because the amount of people is easily tripled, maybe even quadrupled at this one.  We are many, but we are all insanely close.  It can be overwhelming if you're not used to it! 







No comments: