Saturday, March 19, 2011

MIA/ "The Sick House"/ Spring Break 2011

It wasn't until Addy and I had lunch with my mom this week, that I realized just how behind I was on blogging!  She said, "I looked at your blog this morning...and you haven't done anything in two weeks!".  Oops! What can I say, life has been a little cray cray lately!

Let me explain the cray cray I was referring to...two weeks ago (ironically the last blog I posted) yours truly fell ill.  I woke up at 7 am on the dot on a Sunday morning with the dreaded stomach flu.  Straight to the toilet I went and there I stayed for the next 48 hours.  Let me say this, I had been dodging this bullet at work for the previous couple of weeks, it had been going through our classrooms-students and teachers alike.  I am convinced I know exactly who I caught this from...a particular student whose particular parents felt he wasn't particularly ill and sent him to school not one day but two days in a row with said virus.  I finally returned to work that Wednesday.

Thursday was our last day before the break and we had a celebratory happy hour at one of our teacher's houses.  I felt good enough to go and had a fun time.  I was just happy to be feeling well again.  That night,  9pm on the dot, my sweet girl woke up with the same particular virus yours truly had.  Except hers was projectile vomit.  Bleh.  Our poor girl threw up all. night. long.  Over and over again.  That was my "welcome to spring break party". ;)  Saddest thing ever to see your little one sicky.  She wasn't herself most the weekend.  We ended up having to miss my Grandma's 82nd birthday party in Muenster which was a bummer.
Sunday evening, Addy was seeming more like herself.  We even ventured out to the field behind our house for some kite flying!

We all felt the need to get out of the "cloud of sickness" this house had become.  So we met my parents for dinner at Brooklyns for some yummy pizza.  We had a great time.  I had also just learned that I was going to see Lady Gaga the next night with Cody.  (He had an extra ticket!)  Needless to say I was pumped!!!!  Rah, rah, ah, ah, ah, Roma, roma, ma.... I even painted my nails electric blue for Gaga! ;) 

At this point, as the reader, you are surely feeling bad about all the sickness we had endured.   Surely, that was the end of it, right?  Wrong.  I awoke at 2am with the same stinking virus I just had and Addy jut got over.  I threw up all. night. long.  First thought was, "seriously??"...second thought, "No Gaga?  Noooooooooooo!"  (I seriously can't talk about missing the concert...I am still bummed.  No, I'm not a huge fan.  No, I don't have her cds, iTunes etc. No, I don't know all the words to her songs.  I just was excited about the specticle of it all--the show, the people watching, and getting a night out.)  I was pretty sick and didn't feel well until Wednesday morning.
Sweet Addy fell victim to my sickness when Daddy dressed her...

So there you have it...the first half of spring break was spent in "The Sick House".  Since we were all finally well and half of our spring break was gone, we had no choice but to get moving!  Our favorite funky family, The Smo's, came over to see us, we spent a lot of time at the park, lunch dates were had with Grandma one day and Daddy the other, and a huge music festival is where we are heading today.  (I'll post about that one later!)   

And now on to something that is truly baby is 21 months old today.  What?!  21 months?  I'm dumbfounded that we are almost to 2 years old.  Man alive!  This girl is a rockstar...coolest chick around and I love that she is ours!

No comments: