Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another 'Fest Come and Gone...

Last weekend we headed up to my home away from home, Muenster, for the 2011 Germanfest.  (can I get a woo-hoo!?)  This festival celebrates all that is German; lederhosen, games of Nagelschlagen, saurkraut, streudel, sausage, and most of all beer.  I got to see some, not all, of my family which always makes for a fun time.  Have I mentioned before how much I love my family?  If not, well I do.  A lot.  A whole lot. Nuff' said.  They are home...so let's celebrate the Fest last weekend accompanied by the lyrics of my favorite song...



Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my Ma & Pa
Not the way that I do love you
Holy roly, me, oh my, you’re the apple of my eye
Girl, I’ve never loved one like you



Man, oh man, you’re my best friend, I scream it to the nothingness
There ain’t nothin’ that I need
Well, hot & heavy, pumpkin pie, chocolate candy, Jesus Christ
There ain’t nothin’ please me more than you

Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is wherever I’m with you

I’ll follow you into the park, through the jungle, through the dark
Girl, I’ve never loved one like you
Moats & boats & waterfalls, alley ways & pay phone calls
I’ve been everywhere with you


We laugh until we think we’ll die, barefoot on a summer night
Nothin’ new is sweeter than with you
And in the sticks we’re running free like it’s only you and me
Geez, you’re something to see.


Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is whenever I’m with you
"Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

No comments: