Friday, June 24, 2011

Head Wound

We made it two years.  Two whole years before we had to take our girl to the ER...

Last night, Addy slipped on our bed and crashed forehead first into the corner of the bedframe.  The bedframe won.

Dusty was just steps away when we heard the thud immediately followed by the ear piercing screams.  We rushed to her and when Dusty grabbed for her, we saw our poor girl's face completely covered in blood.  I had never seen anything like it...looked like something out of a horror film.  I freaked.  We didn't know where the blood was coming from.  Dusty took over and was cool as a cucumber.  He cleaned it up best as he could, but the blood just kept coming.  He bandaged it and we headed to the nearest ER.

Once we arrived, Addy had calmed down a bit.  Luckily they were able to glue it shut without the use of stitches.  The process of them glueing it was tough to watch.  They had to strap her little body down to the bed, hold her head down, lean her back feet in the air, and cover her eyes.  Despite all of that, she was a trooper.  She cried, but didn't try to get free.  She is one tough princess! 

We were able to come home quickly after that and had her in bed by 9:30.  It was truly the scariest thing I have ever seen.  I have seen some nasty stuff and been through some very scary things at work with my students plenty of times and I am ALWAYS the calm one taking the lead.  However, seeing Addy so injured...nothing could have prepared me for that image.  It keeps flashing in my head.  Thank the heavens for Dusty...he was cool, calm, and collected and took care of our girl.

When I was 17, I cracked my forehead wide open in a soccer game...it was pretty nasty and I had to be rushed to the hospital for numerous stitches.  I have a scar to this day that most people don't even notice.  Not exactly what I had in mind when wanting Addy to resemble her Mommy.  ;-)

She woke up this morning at her regular time and was ready for breakfast and playtime.  She is definately tired today and her head is sore.  But she is OKAY and we are so thankful. 

Tough little princess...


No comments: