Wednesday, February 8, 2012

30.


"All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece."-George Harrison

As most of you know, because I make sure everyone did know, I turned 30 a couple weeks back.  It is a bit surreal saying "I am 30."  I actually had to say that out loud recently--don't remember why--and I remember thinking, "WHAT did i just say?". Lol.  I'm actually quite OK with it, better than the alternative of not being here to celebrate another birthday.

Dusty went above and beyond to make sure I felt special and celebrated for not just one weekend, but two.  On my actual birthday, he organized a bit of a party where some of our family and friends came up to the house for beer and BBQ--two of my favorite things.  We had a great time hanging out with everyone and I was overwhelmed at how many showed up for little ol' me.  Dusty, Addy, and myself took the next day off and had some fun family time fishing at the pond near our house.


This past weekend, Dusty had more surprises in store for me.  We headed to the coast early Saturday morning, just the two of us!  I had been there once before on one of our visits, but didn't really spend much time.  I LOVED it!!  We went to Avila Beach, where we stayed, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo.  Beautiful.  All of it.  We first went to Splash Cafe and had THE best clam chowder I have ever eaten.  Oh. my. word.  (Sorry, Pensacola, you got nothin' on this chowder!)  We did some walking around, some shopping, and some hanging out on the pier just staring at the Pacific.  We headed over to San Luis Obispo that evening where we saw Dusty's nephew, Casey, who is going to school out there.  SLO is AH-mazing.  How fast can we move there?! Lol.  It is such a cool town.  The whole vibe in this town is "chill".  Loved it.  We visited a few bars and ended the night with some amazing sushi.  To die for sushi.  :)  We absolutely enjoyed our little mini vacay--just the two of us.  We needed it.  I think every couple does every now and then.  More of our time was spent laughing and I can't even tell you what we were laughing about half the time! 

All in all, 30 was GREAT! The only thing that would have made it better would have been spending it with my Texas family.  My mom's birthday and my birthday are one day apart and growing up we always celebrated together with at least a dinner or something.  So that was a little hard.  I'm thinking that's why Dusty had so much planned for me--didn't want me to have time to be sad. Lol.
I am grateful to be 30.  Never thought Springville, CA would be where I would have celebrated it though.  It's funny how life works out...never know where it will take you!

"Life has more to do with what typed of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated."-Unknown

No comments: