Monday, March 26, 2012

Green Thumb

I've been dying to find a little hobby that I can call my own for the longest time.  I just want something I can do that is fun, cheap, and "my thing".  Gardening had been nagging at me for awhile and so I decided that I would try my luck (or green thumb) at it while I was out for Spring Break.  Yesterday, we went to Lowe's and stocked up on some things for me to get planted this week; flowers, pots, seeds, potting soil, gloves etc.  Today I got started on all of the flowers and herbs--it was time for some color around our house!



I had so much fun with all of it.  I'm hoping to plant an actual garden before the week ends.  Going to try my luck with spinach, cabbage, squash, chili peppers, jalepenos, and cilantro.  Hopefully, I have as much fun with that as I did with this!

1 comment:

Just Jackie said...

I went to Lowe's yesterday and did the same thing!! I have some baskets I need to fill still, and I can't wait to get my hands dirty doing it!

Good luck! I know you'll enjoy it. Bonus: you can do it with The Girl! My Little One, now 6, LOVES to be outside and helping with planting. She even has *her* own garden. :)