Sunday, February 24, 2013

Family Happenings

Hello, blog world!  Well, here at the Dominie household, we finally got some decent internet.  That's the thing about living where we do...internet tends to suck!   Not anymore!!  I'm sitting here on the comfy couch on a lazy Sunday with my fam watching some good ole Nascar racing.  I figured I should post an update...figure I'll go back about as far as Christmas.
 
We were lucky and blessed to be able to go back to Texas for the holiday.  It was the first time in quite a few years that everyone in my little family was together as well as everyone on the Felderhoff side.  It was pretty special.  True to Texas fashion, we got unexpected nasty weather...cold, blizzard, icy.  However, true to Felderhoff fashion, that doesn't stop a party!  It was so great to see my whole family...LOVED every minute of it.
 
Shortly after Christmas, about 3 weeks later, we lost my Grandpa Reinart.  He endured a long and hard fight battling cancer for the past 3 years or so.  One of my most treasured memories from Christmas will be getting to see him one last time.  He wasn't the man he once was, but it was still Grandpa.  I got to give him a hug and a kiss and told him I loved him.  He couldn't respond, but he looked at me and wiped a tear from his eye.  We all feel like he made it through Christmas just to see all of us one more time.  Three weeks after Christmas, we headed back to Texas to celebrate his life.  It was a beautiful service, my Dad did the eulogy and it captured Grandpa perfectly.  It was a beautiful day.
 
I'm pretty sure everyone is clued in that we are expecting our second child...another sweet little girl.  We are so excited and cannot wait to meet her.  Addy is also getting very excited.  One of the things we are most excited about is seeing Addy become a big sister.  I'm in my 28th week and still feeling pretty good.  My girlfriends are throwing me a baby shower next month and I feel so blessed that they want to for this for me.  I'll be honest, I'm kind of over the whole pregnancy thing this time...I'm just ready to meet this girl already!  My good friend, Bri, came over last weekend and took some maternity pictures.  They turned out so great, people have actually asked me if they were professional. 
 
 
 
My parents have already bought tickets to come out after baby girl gets here.  They are actually planning on being here for Addy's birthday.  We all thought that it would be pretty special for Addy who will just be getting used to sharing the spotlight if Grandma and Pop came out for HER birthday!  She will be 4...that makes me want to cry a little.  How in the world can she turn 4 this summer?  Crazy!!! 
 
All in all, things couldn't be better!  We are enjoying life and can't wait for our little addition!

No comments: