Saturday, October 17, 2009

4 months!

Monday, Addy will be 4 months old. Can you believe it? Where does the time go? Weren't we just bringing her home?! Geez! So much has happened in the last 4 months that I couldn't begin to write about all of that without it taking me all day. All I know is that life couldn't be any sweeter! What did I do before I had her? Dusty and I were talking last nite about how we don't even remember what life was like before she was here. Everything is amazing. We see the world through her eyes now--everything is fresh and new. I tear up at how much I absolutely love this little perfect being.

I know its true for Dusty and myself, but I think I probably speak for most parents when I say that once you have a child, you want to be better. You want to do things better, you want to love people better, you want to BE better. I gave a dollar to a homeless man yesterday--something that I don't normally do because of my judgements about what they might do with that money. But I did it because a thought crossed my mind--what would I want Addy to see me do right now if she were with me? Would I want her to see me lock my door and roll up my window pretending to play with the radio to avoid eye contact with this man? Or would I want her to see her mom smile at this man, give him a dollar, and tell him I hope he has a good day? It was only a dollar, I know he can't do much with it, but it was what I had and he needed it more than I did. So like I said, she makes me want to be better. I know Dusty feels the same.

I've been back to work for 3 weeks now and things are going well. We've got our new routine pretty established. I feel TIRED all the time. I have become the newest fan of coffee. It gets me from home to work, thank goodness. By the time I leave for work in the morning at 6:45, I have already been up at least 2 hours. Makes for a long day---but totally worth it!

We are going to the fair today!! We might be crazy going today, TX v OU anyone? But it is the ONLY day we could go. I'll be sure to get some pics of Addy meeting Big Tex! Here are some of our latest pictures of little miss thang!











1 comment:

Jodi said...

Can't believe it's been 4 months!! They grow SO fast, don't they? And don't they just get funner and funner? Love the cow outfit too :-)