Saturday, October 3, 2009

week 1 is finished, time to check your schedule.

hehe! those of you who know me as a teacher understand the title of my blog. :)

i survived week one, people and it actually went a lot better than expected. in a lot of ways, it felt like i never left, but at the same time, it was like i had been gone forever. i had a lot of catching up to do. i was SO super busy that i didn't have a whole lot of time to be sad about missing addy. don't think i didn't leave school as soon as i could every day to get to her though!

it really was good to be back. my kids welcomed me with open arms as did the staff. its nice to be missed. ;) i have already noticed little differences in my teaching this past week. i absolutely look at my kids differently. i always understood that each child was someone's pride and joy, but i now know what that feels like. i get a little more why some parents forget there are other students in the classroom when they make their demands--doesn't make it right, but i do have a new perspective on it. i also felt much less stress and anxiety over my job than i normally do. the little annoying issues that i deal with on a day to day basis weren't so annoying. i think i finally realize fully that there are way more important things to fill my head and heart with. my family. :)

next weekend miss addy will be baptized. i am SO excited. my brother and only nephew (i have 3 neices) are flying in from WA!! it will be his first time to meet his new neice and i couldn't be more thrilled to get to see them. had he not been able to make this trip, he would not have met addy until next summer when she would already be 1. i am so grateful. in addition, our amazing godparents, hollie and chuck are flying in. hollie is my cousin. her and her husband (he and dusty are in one sweet bromance!) are flying in from florida. and chuck is dusty's best friend from california. friday nite, all of us grown ups are going to the new flying saucer in rockwall on the lake. can't wait to hang out with some of my most favorite people in the world. :) grandma and grandpa are getting to watch their oldest and youngest grandchildren at the same time!

here is a picture of addy from today--we were helping daddy clean out the garage!

No comments: